iOS (previously iPhone OS) is a mobile operating system developed and distributed by Apple Inc. Originally unveiled in 2007 for the iPhone, it has been extended to support other Apple devices such as the iPod Touch, iPad, iPad Mini and second-generation Apple TV. Unlike Microsoft’s Windows Phone and Google’s Android, Apple does not license iOS for installation on non-Apple hardware.
iOS is derived from OS X, with which it shares the Darwin foundation and various application frameworks. iOS is Apple’s mobile version of the OS X operating system used on Apple computers.
Major versions of iOS are released annually. The current release, iOS7, was released on September 18, 2013. It runs on the iPhone 4 and later, 2nd-generation iPad and later, all models of the iPad Mini, the 5th-generation iPod Touch, and Apple TV.
Data Recovery Pricing for Apple iPhones and iPads
For working or fully functional Apple iPhones and iPads with lost or deleted data:
Total cost is $500 and is charged as follows:
- Non-refundable attempt fee of $100 (payable on commencement)
- Plus a further fee of $400 if successful.
Examples: iPhone or iPad that is in working order but photos and or music has been lost due to software upgrade or synchronization with computer or accidental deletion of photos.
Process takes between 5 and 10 working days
For non operable (broken) iPhone or iPad:
Total cost $2000 and is charged as follows:
- Non-refundable attempt fee of $100 regardless of the condition of the device.
- Plus a further fee of $500 to $1900 if successful.
Examples: iPhone or iPad has broken screen or does not switch on. iPhone or iPad is damaged and wont turn on or device has physical or internal damage.
Process takes between 14 and 21 working days.
Final pricing is based on the complexity of the recovery and the outcome.
SIM cards or memory cards are not included in the above charges and will incur additional charges if data is required to be recovered from these devices.
Data Detect only offers mobile device data recovery services at its head office in North Sydney.
Additional charges apply for drop off at any of our nation wide branches.
To start the process:
- Switch off mobile device to prevent any further damage or data loss.
- Pack and box mobile device securely together with power pack and cables required for connection to a computer and include SIM card and memory card if installed.
- Include your contact telephone number, email address, return postal address and pack securely to prevent any damage in transit and send to Data Detect Suite 5 Level 6, 144-148 Pacific Highway North Sydney NSW 2060.