Android is an operating system based on the Linux kernel, and designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers. Initially developed by Android, Inc., which Google backed financially and later bought in 2005, the first Android-powered phone was sold in October 2008.
Android is the world’s most widely used smartphone platform. Android’s open nature has encouraged a large community of developers and enthusiasts to use the open-source code as a foundation for community-driven projects, which add new features for advanced users or bring Android to devices which were officially released running other operating systems.
As of November 2013, Android’s share of the global smartphone market, led by Samsung products, has reached 80%. The operating system’s success has made it a target for patent litigation as part of the so-called “smartphone wars” between technology companies. As of May 2013, 48 billion apps have been installed from the Google Play store, and as of September 3, 2013, 1 billion Android devices have been activated.
Data Recovery Pricing for Android phones
For working or fully functional Androids phones with lost or deleted data:
Total cost is $500 and is charged as follows:
- Non-refundable attempt fee of $100 (payable on commencement)
- Plus a further fee of $400 if successful.
Examples: Android device that is in working order but photos and or music have been lost due to software upgrade or synchronization with computer or accidental Deletion of photos.
Process takes between 5 and 10 working days
For non operable (broken) Android device:
Total cost $2000 and is charged as follows:
- Non-refundable attempt fee of $100 regardless of the condition of the device.
- Plus a further fee of $500 to $1900 if successful.
Examples:Android device has broken screen or does not switch on. Device is damaged and won’t turn on or device has physical or internal damage.
Process takes between 14 and 21 working days.
Final pricing is based on the complexity of the recovery and the outcome.
SIM cards or memory cards are not included in the above charges and will incur additional charges if data is required to be recovered from these devices.
Data Detect only offers mobile device data recovery services at its head office in North Sydney.
Additional charges apply for drop off at any of our nation wide branches.
To start the process:
- Switch off mobile device to prevent any further damage or data loss.
- Pack and box mobile device securely together with power pack and cables required for connection to a computer and include SIM card and memory card if installed.
- Include your contact telephone number, email address, return postal address and pack securely to prevent any damage in transit and send to Data Detect Suite 5 Level 6, 144-148 Pacific Highway North Sydney NSW 2060.