Mail Your Hard Drive to Data Detect
Our risk-free policy, competitive rate, and confidentiality agreement, are just a few reasons why Data Detect is your best choice for data recovery.
Post your media to to our head office only (do not post to any other branch) :
Suite 1 Level 8
83 Mount Street
or drop off at one of our other locations.
Posted items will only be accepted at our head office in north Sydney.
Before mailing in your hard drive, here are a few things you should know:
- If you don’t include a transfer hard drive with your bad hard drive, you must buy one from us if your recovery is successful. Contact a member of our team to see a list of hard drives that we sell.
- Feel free to provide us with your own “transfer hard drive” (the hard drive used to recover your data to)
- It must be mailed in at the same time you mail in your bad hard drive. We do not accept transfer hard drives after receiving your “bad” hard drive.
- It must be a single external hard drive or bare SATA drive of equal or greater size than the “bad” drive. Unfortunately we can not move to NAS (Network Attached Storage) hard drives or Flash drives (aka USB Thumb Drives).
- If your transfer drive does not have enough free space to accommodate all your recovered data, or if your transfer drive is found to be defective, you must buy one from us if your recovery is successful.
- If your bad hard drive is inside an external enclosure, we will need to remove the enclosure in order to gain access to the bare drive. The enclosure may be damaged during this process and your warranty may be voided. We do not install the hard drive back into the enclosure (although we will send back the enclosure along with the bad drive).
Should you have any further questions, dont hestitate to contact us.